Good afternoon everyone. I hope your weekend is going well. It is very hot, humid, and rainy here. Today, I have another bouquet from the Cricut cartridge Giant Flowers, poppies.
I love poppies and they are are currently blooming glory in my gardens. Poppies come in an assortment of colors. The one’s featured today are a deep red. I used my Cricut die cut machine and the Giant Flowers Cricut cartridge. I cut all flower parts at 4 inches.
For the petals: I die cut them using a deep red card stock and afterwards used Fired Brick Distress Ink to add color to both sides of each petal.
For the ring around the center, I die cut the flower part using a deep purple card stock and afterwards used Dusty Concord and Black Soot Distress Ink to produce a deep purple nearly black color.
Lastly, for the center, I tried several different options. In the end, I harvested poppy centers still attached to their stems from my own gardens that were through blooming. The die cut part that the cartridge offers is wonky, frustrating to work with, and does not to me resemble a poppy’s center at all.
After I colored all the card stock flower parts, I then used my McGill molding mat and tool kit to mold and shape each part prior to assembly. My adhesive of choice for this project was Inkessentials Glossy Accents.
As stated earlier, I used real poppy centers attached to their stems and made a hole in the center of each flower and threaded the seed head/stem and applied a bit of adhesive and set aside each flower to dry.
Overall, this bouquet assembled rather quickly. I found it challenging to arrange the flowers as well as to photograph them. The photos above do not do justice for how the flowers really turned out. They are absolutely stunning in person.
I hope you enjoyed my project for today. Please feel free to leave me a comment. Thank you for visiting and I hope you return again soon.